It was my birthday.. Not a ‘Happy Birthday’

Sometimes, too much of expectations can hurt you the most.

I am saying so because I expected and wanted my day… MY BIRTHDAY, (a day for which I have been waiting for the last one month), to be the best and most loving day of my whole year. But, unfortunately, it was nothing more, but just another day of my life. Though I got some sweet surprises at the beginning and the end of the day, but still I will say, I was not as I wanted it to be.

My sweetest friend, Divya wished me first, she called me up exactly at 12 in the night, I felt so special and the next phone call was of Shaweta who is one of my colleagues. With these two sweet wishes at night, I expected my day to be a great and memorable one.

My first birthday cake


Yesterday, I woke up half an hour before my alarm rang up. It was all result of my excitement. I checked out my Whatsapp with a feeling of elation, and witnessed so many messages, changed DP’s and statuses  saying ‘Happy birthday Poonam’, made me feel somewhere good about my day. Among all, I liked the most was of my brother (Pankaj) his DP saying ‘to my fabulous sister. Happy Birthday’, made me feel a bit extra special. The series of messages for birthday wishes went on till the time I went to sleep.

My second birthday cake


 On reaching my office, I have been welcomed with a sweet surprise from my professional friends/colleagues who presented  me my first birthday cake for the day. Witnessing those few balloons around my desk, getting chocolate from Karan (my colleague),  was a pretty much special thing. For the first time, I felt special being in office, I felt good. After this memorable surprise, my day went as usual by working at the office.

Then in the evening, it was my second birthday celebration time with the whole office. It obviously felt special and great too. Then after, finally I left for Sai Baba Mandir, which might be was the only wish for my birthday. And I am thankful that it happened.

My third birthday cake


Last but not the least, finally, I celebrated with my school friends, who might have been planning for my birthday from last few weeks without letting me know. They brought a beautiful collage for me. Divya, Sidharath, Sushil, Bhupinder, Sourabh Pahwa really your attempt of capturing all our sweet and fun memories in this collage is extremely sweet. 

My birthday present


Thanks for finishing up my day on a beautiful note.

But while I was celebrating the last celebration of my day, I didn’t know, somehow I was messing up something. Yes, while coming back home, I did not answer Divya’s call and she got angry with me, further, when we tried to sort out things with her, Bhupinder worked as fuel to the fire and the situation became worse for us all. Till now trying my best to convince her. Let see what happens.

Anyway, good night all.. And Keep Smiling..